Then Roger Goodell decided to weigh in on the situation – again – and recently said NFL fans should be more understanding of protests during national anthem. Yeah, right, that’s something we fans want to do.
There is one word that explains why NFL athletes taking a knee: respect; but lack of it. Let’s examine this for a moment.
• Million dollar NFL athletes have no respect for themselves.By that, meaning being informed about the reasons why they are flipping a finger us.Many athletes have expressed the reason for their actions is the deaths of African-Americans by the police. But they have never bothered to inform themsleves the actual statistics of crimes against black Americans. A recent report based on data from Bureau of Justice Statistics showed
A black man has on average only 0.32 contacts with the police in any given year, compared with 0.35 contacts for a white man.Only 0.08 percent of black men are injured by the police each year, approximately the same rate as for white men.
And here is the data on deaths due to police reported by the not-so-friendly-to-conservatives Huffington Post:
233 of the 963 people police shot and killed in 2016 were black. And as of August 23, 2017, black people had been the victims to only 137 of 643 police killings.
So the data explains away the misconceptions held by most liberals, social justice warriors, and the athletes.
• Million dollar NFL athletes have no respect for their coaches and owners.The actions by these athletes have resulted in a large number of empty NFL stadiums across America. For example, check out these pictures taken on Nov. 11. It seems NFL athletes forget that it is mostly we the fans that are responsible for their paycheck.
• Million dollar NFL athletes have no respect for our military and veterans.Yes, we have fought, bled, and died for their 1st Amendment right to protest. But that doesn’t mean they have to protest during our game watching time.
• Million dollar NFL athletes have no respect for America.Where else in the world could they possibly get the amount of money they make except here in our country?
• Million dollar NFL athletes have no respect for our national anthem.Our national anthem represents America wherever we travel. For example, does anyone remember Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt? President Trump tweeted September 26, 2017:
“Even Usain Bolt from Jamaica, one of the greatest runners and athletes of all time, showed RESPECT for our National Anthem.”
So there you have it: five examples of million dollar NFL athletes wherein they have lost their respect for themselves and others.Perhaps a suggestion is in order: if you athletes feel strongly enough about your feelings of ill treatment against African-Americans, go take your complaints directly to the people – and outside the stadiums where we fans just want to watch football without involving politics.Fortunately, there are two people who have explained why these athletes should stand and respect our flag and our national anthem.NFL great Herschel Walker recently said,
“I been working with the military for eight years. I don’t care what people say. The National Anthem is the United States of America. That’s where you live. That’s where we get everything we have: here in the United States.“You never protest that.”
And President Trump perfectly explained similar thoughts in his October 13, 2017, Weekly Address, when he wrote:
We honor the flag, we pay tribute to the men and women who have given everything for its defense. We renew the bonds of love and loyalty we owe to our fellow citizens—to every American who looks to the Stars and Stripes and sees woven into its fabric their past, their future, and their place in our great American family.
So, all y’all million dollar athletes, it’s time for you to end your insulting actions. Let you respect yourselves, our country, flag, and our national anthem. In the meantime, we fans will continue to stay away from you until you come to your senses.And that’s a promise!